I just got into quite the fight with my sister over not liking my date from last night.
- WTF, sister? You’re my sister. You’re supposed to be on my side.
- So what if I didn’t like him? I’m allowed to not like people. (Incongruously, though, everyone must like me.)
- I don’t want to settle.
- So what if he called me and left me a nice message? There was zero chemistry and I don’t want to see him again.
- I know that if I continued to see him, I would be wondering what else was out there. Because I would be settling. And not only is that not fair to me, that’s not fair to him.
- I’m 25. Geez.
- And if you liked his voicemail so much, why don’t you date him?
Going on a first date at a restaurant with 5 dollar signs out of 5, according to menupages.com. That means it’s expensive. And a lot of pressure.
Plus, you know how I feel about dinner on the first date. (In case you don’t: I’d rather do drinks. That way I’m not committed to a full meal with someone who potentially could be a crazy stalker.)