I haven’t been paying much attention to my eHarmony account as I’m actually having some success with Plenty of Fish and OKCupid. I even have 2 dates lined up (1 from each of the sites)! But, I haven’t updated on you on my statistics recently, so here we go.
- 856 new matches
- 84 matches in various communication stages
- 184 archived matches
- 419 closed matches
- 1,543 total matches
- 55% are new
- 5.4% are in various communication stages
- 12% are archived
- 27% are closed
Lest you forget that this blog is about actually meeting someone and not just about the crazy messages I receive thanks to Plenty of Fish.
Check out previous eHarmony numbers here.
Lest you forget that this blog is about actually meeting someone and not just about the crazy messages I receive thanks to Plenty of Fish, here are my current stats with the paid dating site:
- 290 new matches
- 93 matches with whom I’m communicating
- 208 archived matched
- 232 closed matches
- 823 total matches
- 9 first dates
- I saw 3 of these 9 again
So that means…
- 28% are closed.
- 25% are archived.
- 35% are new (I’ve decided to leave matches new rather than archive them).
- I am communicating with 11%.
- I’ve gone on dates with 1.09%.
- Only .36% warranted follow-up dates.
Are these numbers making your brain hurt? Oh, good, me too.
I am so tired. It’s barely been two months and I already am so over these sites. It feels like such a chore to log onto these dating sites and answer questions and respond to emails from potential matches.
Every night, I crawl into bed and check my email before going to sleep. Now, when I see all the emails from the various sites about match communication, I ignore them.
I’m sure I’ll get back into it. I’m just having a moment.
And no wonder… look at these numbers and statistics from the paid site alone (meaning, I don’t include Plenty of Fish or OKCupid numbers below).
- 45 new matches at the moment.
- Communicating with 96 matches.
- 227 archived matches.
- 158 closed matches.
- 526 total matches.
- 9 first dates.
- I saw 3 of these 9 again.
So that means…
- 30% are closed.
- 43% are archived (and probably on the way to being closed).
- I’m in various communication stages with 18%.
- I’ve only gone on dates with 1.7% of my total matches.
- And only .5% garnered multiple dates.
Those are some scary numbers, people. Scary numbers.
It’s been one month since I joined the online dating scene. Let’s review.
- 59 active communications
- 90 archived matches
- 70 closed matches
- 12 phone calls (6 missed; 3 on purpose)
- 7 first dates; 3 on the calendar
- 2 second dates; 2 scheduled
- 1 third date on the books